There are a variety of circumstances in which Sundae is the perfect option for homeowners needing to sell their house. Ask yourself these questions to find out if Sundae is right for you.
For homeowners with a “move-in ready” house, even in the best of times selling on the market can take time. If the house needs some love, the timeline to sell gets even longer. If you’re looking to sell your house, there are times when the traditional way won’t get you the best outcome.
That’s where Sundae comes in. If your house is dated, damaged, you need to sell it quickly, or you don’t have the patience to wait for a buyer, selling off market could be the perfect move. Sundae is a marketplace that connects home sellers with a large network of local investors, ensuring that homeowners get the highest possible off-market price for their home.
Ask yourself the following questions to decide if Sundae is right for you:
- How soon do you need to sell the house?
- Will you be ok with a sales process that takes weeks or months to find a buyer?
- Verdict: If time is of the essence, remember that with Sundae you can close in as little as 10 days.
- Will your house attract buyers if you put it on the market as-is, without any renovation or repair?
- How much energy, work, and time do you have to put into the process?
- Will you be ok dealing with repairs, cleanings, open houses, and showing the house to potential buyers?
- Verdict: If your house isn’t likely to sell fast on the market, it’s going to require a lot of work. You can avoid that work altogether by selling the house as-is on the Sundae marketplace.
- Are you going to need to move after you sell the house?
- Do you have things in the house that you don’t want to keep and don’t want to deal with?
- Verdict: Sundae lets you leave anything you don’t want in the house. We also offer up to a $10,000 cash advance that you can use to cover moving and other expenses.
Peace of Mind
- How much stress are you willing to take on?
- Do you have a real estate agent who you trust to get you a great outcome?
- Do you have the knowledge and expertise necessary to update your house?
- Are you willing to work directly with multiple property investors to find out who you can trust?
- Verdict: Selling a house is a complicated affair. Sundae’s goal is to make it simple and convenient, while offering a friendly, transparent, and compassionate experience.
- Have you done a net proceeds calculation to compare selling on the market vs. selling to a cash buyer?
- Would you be willing to accept less money in exchange for other benefits, such as a quick sale and no paperwork?
- Verdict: Selling on the market will usually get you a higher price than you will receive from a cash homebuyer. But the number that matters most is your net proceeds: the amount in your pocket after you’ve subtracted repairs, commissions, transaction fees, and closing costs.
- Are you comfortable waiting through the sale process without knowing what the final sale price will be?
- Will you be ok with an indefinite timeline that in some cases may last months?
- Verdict: When working with Sundae, the offer you receive on our marketplace is final. Once you agree to move forward, you can count on both the net proceeds number and the timeline.
Common seller situations
The following list is by no means exhaustive, but we often deal with customers in some of the circumstances below. If you are facing a similar situation to one of these, Sundae could be a good fit for your needs.
- Affordability – Due to rising housing costs, taxes, and other increasing costs of living, many homeowners come to us looking to monetize their property and move to a more affordable location.
- Death of Loved One – It’s unpleasant to think about but tragedies often influence people to move fast.
- Divorce – When a couple divorces, it’s usually a good idea to sell the house so as not to perpetuate financial and emotional entanglements.
- Downsizing – A common reason among empty nesters, sometimes less space is better.
- Financial Distress – Financial problems such as job loss or foreclosure require many homeowners to make decisions with their home for the sake of time and money.
- Healthcare – Many Sundae customers need to move for health reasons, which include the need to live in a place that is more suitable for their condition.
- Inheritance – If you’ve recently come into a property but have no interest in keeping it, Sundae makes it easy to sell an inherited house and pocket the money.
- Landlord – Being a landlord is challenging and many property owners get tired of it. We can take care of getting it off your hands.
- Marriage – When a couple gets married, and both own a house, usually they choose to move in together and make arrangement for the other property. That’s where we come in.
- Moving a Parent – As our parents and relatives get older, many of us take on an increased responsibility to care for them, including the need to move them somewhere safe and comfortable.
- Natural Disaster – When an act of god (or a pandemic) happens, people sometimes just want to wash their hands of their house and move somewhere else.
- Relocation – Many Sundae customers have to relocate for new jobs or to be closer to family. To them, our ability to make the process fast and painless is a huge draw.
- Retirement – If you’re interested in monetizing the equity in your house and then using it to fund retirement, Sundae is an excellent option.
- Upsizing – A popular reason to move these days is to find more space, especially after many families spent months cooped up during the coronavirus shutdowns.
Composed by a team of experienced content, marketing, and real estate professionals, the Sundae Blog is a go-to authority for tips, instructions, and data-driven insights aimed at helping homeowners maintain, renovate, sell, and buy homes, while navigating a complex real estate market.